The Conveyancing Company is the property division of Gibson Sheat Lawyers, a well-respected Wellington legal firm since 1927.
You’ll find our offices in both Lower Hutt and Wellington cities. But we act nationwide.
Our team includes lawyers and conveyancers with more than 20 years’ experience—giving you the confidence that this wealth of practical knowledge is behind you and your property transaction, no matter how complex. Our team will keep you informed and explain the process to you, in easy to understand terms.
We are leaders in the field of conveyancing. Our clients say they like our practical, no-fuss approach.
We developed and use the conveyIT workflow software, a management tool for conveyancers that streamlines the conveyancing process. It enables us to provide an excellent service at a competitive price. For example, you’ll automatically receive your choice of an email or a text message on key dates. This lets you monitor progress and deadlines without having to chase us.
When you’re buying or selling, we’ll provide you:
- Free explanatory notes on buying and selling
- Free Home Moving Pack including our easy moving guide and checklists
- Automated communication by email and text messaging at key milestones
- Help with negotiations
- Up-front fees for standard transactions
- Access to our in-house registered financial advisers who can help you finance your purchase, and
- Assist with Kiwisaver withdrawal
- Assist with HomeStart Grant
- Assist with Welcome Home Loan
- Help obtaining Building reports, LIMs
Need to finance your property plans? As well as offering all the legal services involved with purchasing and selling property, we also have an in-house independent Registered Financial Adviser. She can assist you with the financial aspects of purchasing a home or investment property.
Vickie works with a number of lending institutions and can help you find the best option for your individual situation.
First home buyers
Talk to our financial advisers about Kiwisaver First Home Savings Withdrawals and Housing New Zealand HomeStart Grant. Your first home might be closer than you think!